Waterproofing Concrete Foundation Wall Cracks
Let Acme Concrete Raising & Repair makes quick, easy work of waterproofing your cracked foundation wall!
Our Crack Repair Process is…
- Quick and Non-Invasive: No outdoor excavation – repairs are made easily from inside the structure.
- Proven Methods: Our method successfully repairs thousands of Chicagoland foundations each year.
- Guaranteed! Permanent repair with a “Lifetime of the Structure Guarantee”.
For cracks that only need a waterproofing solution, Acme Concrete Raising & Repair provides a permanent solution by using hydrophilic and hydrophobic polyurethane injections. This repair method applies to greater than 95% of cracks found in poured concrete foundations or walls. Please ask us, we enjoy sharing just how this method works!
The benefits of a polyurethane repair are:
- When injected, polyurethane expands and completely fills all crack voids.
- Repairs are performed from inside and do not disrupt the structure exterior.
- Polyurethane remains flexible and keeps cracks sealed during future movement.
If you have a cracked foundation and feel it may pose a structural problem, epoxy injection may be a better solution.
Things to consider with this type of exterior repair:
- Intrusive repair – may disrupt landscaping
- Labor intensive – soil alongside foundation must be removed
- Accessibility issues – especially near patios, decks, sidewalks or garages
If a crack is accessible from the exterior and can be fully exposed, it can usually be waterproofed with sodium bentonite. Since the purpose of this method is to stop the water before it can enter the crack, it is technically not a concrete repair. ACME Concrete Raising & Repair does not perform exterior repairs. We inject cracks from the interior with polyurethane or epoxy. This interior crack repair method is backed up by a lifetime warranty.